- Steven Pinker
2. The function of sociology, as of every science, is to reveal that which is hidden.
- Pierre Bourdieu
3. There are no passengers on the spaceship Earth. We are all crew.
- Marshall McLuhan
4. The word 'right' should be excluded from political language, as the word 'cause' from the language of philosophy.
- Auguste Comte
5. The roles of art, morality, religion, political faith, and science itself are not to repair organic exhaustion nor to provide sound functioning of the organs. All this supraphysical life is built and expanded not because of the demands of the cosmic environment but because of the demands of the social environment.
- Emile Durkheim
6. We already have - thanks to technology, development, skills, and the efficiency of our work - enough resources to satisfy all human needs. But we don't have enough resources, and we are unlikely ever to have, to satisfy human greed.
- Zygmunt Bauman
7. All theory of modernity in sociology suggests that the more modernity there is, the less religion. In my theory we can realize that this is wrong: atheism is only one belief system among many.
- Ulrich Beck