Climate Change Is Un-Real?! The Deniers vs. the Activists
Climate Change and its causes are turning into the hottest topic for discussions everywhere - from presidential campaigns to zoom chats, from academic studies to news reports. Scientists, politicians, analyzers, journalists… activists, and deniers… They all try to make their voice count. They all want to make you follow their lead. What will be your choice? Who will stand by?
1. "Man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people." - Sen. James Inhofe, author of "The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future"
2. "There's probably a natural reason for global warming […] We will look back on it as a gigantic false alarm […] The Earth isn't that sensitive to how much CO2 we put into the atmosphere. I think we need to consider the possibility that more carbon dioxide is better than less." - Roy Spenser, a research scientist at the University of Alabama, Huntsville, author, and former NASA scientist
3. "Man-made global warming crisis crusaders are now facing a new threat. Their anti-fossil carbon-based premise for alarmism is being challenged by new scientific evidence of important solar influences upon climate that can't really be blamed on us." - Larry Bell, the author of "Climate Corruption: Politics and Power Behind the Global Warming Hoax"
4."Climate change is a natural phenomenon. …since 1979, our best measurements show that the climate has been cooling just slightly. Certainly, it has not been warming." - Fred Singer, a former space scientist, and US government scientific administrator
5. "Global warming will not affect us for the next 2,000 years, and if it does, it won't have been caused by us." - Christopher Monckton, a British politician
6. "I am a climate lukewarmer. That means I think recent global warming is real, mostly man-made and will continue but I no longer think it is likely to be dangerous…"- Matthew Ridley, a science writer, journalist, and advisor to the Global Warming Policy Foundation
1. "We are the last people who can prevent a catastrophe on the planet. We have no excuse for failure." - Amina J. Mohammed, UN deputy secretary-general, May 2017
2. "We can't keep our promise to the next generation to build an economy fit for the future unless we ensure our planet has a future." - Philip Hammond UK Chancellor and Member of Parliament
3. "In the years ahead, the only sustainable growth will be green growth. It's a guarantee of jobs and prosperity for generations to come. It's a massive opportunity." - Nick Clegg, deputy prime minister of the United Kingdom
4. "You must be really blind if you don't see the tipping point is here in clean energy." - Stuart Gulliver, head of banking giant HSBC Holdings
5. "Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and wildlife are in fact plans to protect mankind." - Stewart Udall, United States Secretary of the Interior
6. "I used to think the top environmental problems were biodiversity loss, ecosystem collapse, and climate change. I thought that with 30 years of good science we could address those problems. But I was wrong. The top environmental problems are selfishness, greed, and apathy… and to deal with those we need a spiritual and cultural transformation. And we scientists don't know how to do that." - Gus Speth, former dean of forestry and environmental studies at Yale
So, what do you think - is climate change а real problem? And more important, is it caused by us, humans? Is it managable by us? Share your thoughts in the comments below...