11 Quotes by Sir David Attenborough that Will Give You Chills
Time to Listen. Time to Understand. Time to Act!
We live in unprecedent times. Times that call for our awareness – as individuals and as a society. Times that will determine how our children and their children will live. How the whole planet will live. So, it is time… time to listen to those who want to help us see. To those who want to make us believe. To those who call us for action.
In a series of publications, we will share with you the inspiring, thrilling, eye-opening and sometimes hard to handle words by people who have dedicated their lives to natural world and its well-being. For it is determinative for the well-being of all of us...
Our first guest is sir David Attenborough whose new film "A Life on Our Planet" is available on Netflix. Read his words and share your thoughts and comments…. Cause more than ever it is about us. All.
1. Ever since we arrived on this planet as a species, we've cut them down, dug them up, burnt them and poisoned them. Today we're doing so on a greater scale than ever.
2. The question is, are we happy to suppose that our grandchildren may never be able to see an elephant except in a picture book?
3. Our natural world is so much more than just "nice to have". It's fundamental to our survival.
4. Human beings are good at many things but thinking about our species as a whole is not one of our strong points.
5. The whole of life is coming to terms with yourself and the natural world. Why are you here? How do you fit in?
6. The Holocene has ended. The Garden of Eden is no more. We have changed the world so much that scientists say we are in a new geological age: the Anthropocene, the age of humans…
7. A crime against the planet has been committed... The living world is a unique and spectacular marvel. The way we, humans, live on Earth, is sending it into a decline. Human beings have overrun the world. We're replacing the wild with the tame... Our planet is headed for disaster.
8. Never before have we had such an awareness of what we are doing to the planet, and never before have we had the power to do something about that… The future of humanity and indeed, all life on earth, now depends on us.
9. Right now we are facing a man-made disaster of global scale, our greatest threat in thousands of years: climate change. If we don't take action, the collapse of our civilization and the extinction of much of the natural world is on the horizon.
10. The world is finite and we need to look after its!
11. The natural world is fading, the evidence is all around… (But) if we act now, we can yet put it right.
We invite you to join the conversation about Earth's future and the way green technologies and policies could change it for good. Share your studies and present your ideas by taking part in the one of a kind international scientific conference "Green Sciences for Green Life" that will be held in Vienna from 8th to 11th of December, 2020. For more information: sgemviennagreen.org. It is time to make a change.