Insights: Failure Is Your Best Teacher to Achieve Success
THOMAS EDISON: AN INOVATOR AND... A MOTIVATOR
Thomas Edison, America's greatest investor as they call him, left us 1093 U.S. patents and 2,332 patents worldwide. He was the father of some of the most important inventions that changes our life completely - the authomatic telegraph (a more development version of Samuel Morse's invention), the carbon telephone transmitter, the light bulb, the phonograph, the movie camera and viewer, the alkaline storage car battery...
And not only this! Thomas Edison was one of the first inventors who worked with teams of researchers and employees, founded the first industrial laboratory for research and development, and thus laid the foundations of organized science.
Thomas Edison's Guiding Principles
Here are the four guiding principles that marked his life and work, according to Edison Innovation Foundation:
"Throughout his life, Edison operated on four simple principles, taught to him by his loving mother:
1. Never get discouraged if you fail. Learn from it. Keep trying.
2. Learn with both your head and hands.
3. Not everything of value in life comes from books-experience the world.
4. Never stop learning. Read the entire panorama of literature."
And so he did... He kept trying. He kept improving. He kept inspiring! And is still doing it...
Thomas Edison's Best Motivational Quotes
We hope that the following quotes by Thomas Edison will lift you up, the way that did with us. Because sometimes all you need to remember is that the darkest hour is just before dawn. Keep going, friends!
1. "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
2. "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
3. "Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."
4. "To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
5. "There is no substitute for hard work."
6. "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
7. "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration."
8. "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
9. "Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That's not the place to become discouraged."
10. "The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense."
11. "I never did a day's work in my life. It was all fun."
Share with us your best motivational quote. Help us inspire...